My Guide Website?
Boston: Salem Witch Trials & Freedom Trail Self-Guided Tour3 Reviews
Dig into essential New England history with these self-guided walking tours of Salem and the Freedom Trail. Unearth the dark secrets of the Witch Trials and walk in the footsteps of revolutionaries.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Boston:If youʻre booking your trip to Boston last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Unearth the hysteria and brutality of the Salem Witch Trials
- Discover haunted cemeteries and historic architecture in Salem
- Learn about the conflicts that sparked the American Revolution
- See the famous USS Constitution up close
- Revisit Paul Revere’s famous Midnight Ride
DescriptionStart by downloading the Action Tour Guide app, which will function as your personal tour guide, audio tour, and map all in one. Purchase one tour per car, not per person. Everyone listens together! Once downloaded, you can begin your tour either in Salem or in Boston. In Boston, you’ll start either at Bunker Hill or in the heart of Boston Common, dating back to 1634! Hear about the Stamp Act riots of 1765 as you begin your walk along the Freedom Trail. Keep moving past the historic Massachusetts State House with its golden dome laid by Paul Revere’s Copper Company! You’ll also hear about America’s first time capsule here, going back to 1795! Learn more about why the British taxed the colonies before the Revolutionary War and then take in the Park Street Church with its stately steeple. Then move onto the Granary Burying Ground and pay tribute to the prominent and courageous figures buried there, such as John Hancock, Samuel Adams, and Paul Revere. Up next is King’s Chapel, Boston’s first Anglican church, which features a bell which Paul Revere cast! You’ll then see the Boston Latin School with its statue of one of its most prominent students, Benjamin Franklin! You’ll pass the Old South Meeting House, where the famed Boston Tea Party began. Then, keep striding toward the Old State House where the Declaration of Independence was first read to Bostonians! In addition, see the stately Faneuil Hall, where colonial Bostonians met to discuss their future and acrimonious debates over the Stamp Act and Tea Act took place! Learn more about the events of the Revolutionary War, including the Second Continental Congress, as well as Paul Revere’s historic ride. You’ll see the Old North Church, site of the famed “one if by land, two if by sea signal.” Conclude your Boston journey at the Bunker Hill Monument, commemorating a pivotal Revolutionary War battle. In Salem, you’ll start at the Salem Visitor Center. Learn about the infamous witch trials at the 1692 Memorial. Reflect on the 19 who perished in an atmosphere of suspicion and madness. Pay visits to an array of historical sites such as the Old Burying Point Cemetery, where the chief judge in the witch trials is buried. See the Old Town Hall, used in the movie Hocus Pocus! Also learn about the town’s famed son, writer Nathaniel Hawthorne! The tour concludes at the House of the Seven Gables, which was the inspiration for one of Hawthorne’s most famed works.
IncludesA link to download the Action Tour Guide app and a unique password for your tour(s). An audio guide, location-aware map, and storyteller — all in one mobile app tour. Our mission: To explore the world and its many stories. Join us! Excellent value: Buy only one tour per car. Don’t hassle with “per person” bus tickets. Ease of use: Stories auto-play based on your location so you don’t have to do anything once you’ve started. Offline map: Works without a cell signal or wifi once downloaded. Hidden gems: Visit often-missed spots and enrich your experience with little-known history. Flexibility: Explore at your own pace with no fixed schedule. Take a break, a hike, whatever, and pick up where you left off! No expiration date: Your tour is valid for life. Listen whenever, wherever, and however often you want. All-day support line: Call, chat, or email for help.
- This tour is a self-guided mobile app tour with a map, audio stories, and images.
- Access the tour on the Action Tour Guide app (separate from the Get Your Guide app).
- Use the unique password received after booking to download & preview your specific tours before you arrive.
- Start at the Starting Point. Follow the tour route. All audio stories play automatically based on your location.
- Flexible schedule: Use it on any day and at any time, or over multiple days. No need to rebook if your travel plans change.
- Lifetime access: Use it on your next trip here! This tour never expires.
- Walking tour: Use one tour per couple and share headphones.
- Get support by calling, chatting, or emailing - all day long.