My Guide Website?
Boston: Ghost-Themed Self-Guided Walking Tour4 Reviews
Embark on a hair-raising journey on this ghost-themed self-guided walking tour in Boston, a city known by many to be one of the most haunted in the country.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Boston:If youʻre booking your trip to Boston last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Get a history lesson on Boston’s hauntings and dark past
- Hear firsthand accounts of Boston’s spooky happenings
- Visit graveyards, haunted hotels, and Boston’s oldest neighborhoods
- Benefit from an interactive self-guided tour via an app
- See animated videos to visualize different centuries and interior rooms
DescriptionStart by downloading the Action Tour Guide app, which will function as your personal tour guide, audio tour, and map. Purchase one tour per car, not per person. Everyone listens together! Note: This 2+mile-long tour covers the essentials of Ghost of Boston in 1-2 hours. Explore the supernatural side of Boston on this spooky self-guided walking tour. Benefit from the flexibility of a self-guided tour via an app that functions as a guide, audio tour, and map in one. Experience a tour developed by local guides, creative writers, and professional voice artists. Begin your bone-chilling walk at Boylston Street Station, where a gas explosion killed several workers. Some believe it was an accident, but others wonder if the countless graves dug up during construction had something to do with it. From there, walk through the Central Burying Ground and the Boston Common, hearing the sordid history of unmarked graves, unsettled corpses, and the site’s history of executions. Then, arrive at the majestic Boston Athenaeum, a beautiful building hiding something grim inside: a book bound in human skin. But you’ll learn that’s not the only creepy thing about this place. Next, move on to the Granary Burying Ground, where many of America’s revolutionary founders have been laid to rest. Pick up some historical facts and learn how some of them might still be lurking around this very graveyard. Explore the King’s Chapel Burying Ground next. Many bodies lie beneath the ground here and at least one wasn’t dead when he was buried. Some visitors report that they can still hear him scratching at the lid of his coffin. Take a break from graveyards and visit Boston’s most haunted hotel, the Omni Parker House. Visitors have reported spectral sights, sounds, and smells on nearly every floor of this storied hotel. After that, hear about a fraudulent photographer who tried to capitalize on Boston’s hauntings, then head toward the Old State House, which houses a cursed artifact responsible for a great deal of suffering. Next, visit the site of the Boston Massacre and hear about the supernatural panic that swept across the city during an 1800s tuberculosis outbreak. After that, pass by Fort Warren and the Pilot House and hear about the vengeful Lady in Black and the seemingly harmless Lady in White. Continue on to the Old North Church which sits atop a crypt where the residents aren’t always content to stay dead. Finally, conclude your tour at Copp's Hill Burying Ground, an appropriately unsettling final stop of the tour. Throughout the tour, enjoy animated videos to visualize what you cannot see, such as snapshots from different centuries or interior rooms.
IncludesA link to download the Action Tour Guide app and a unique password for your tour(s). An audio guide, location-aware map, and storyteller — all in one mobile app tour. Our mission: To explore the world and its many stories. Join us! Excellent value: Buy only one tour per car. Don’t hassle with “per person” bus tickets. Ease of use: Stories auto-play based on your location so you don’t have to do anything once you’ve started. Offline map: Works without a cell signal or wifi once downloaded. Hidden gems: Visit often-missed spots and enrich your experience with little-known history. Flexibility: Explore at your own pace with no fixed schedule. Take a break, a hike, whatever, and pick up where you left off! No expiration date: Your tour is valid for life. Listen whenever, wherever, and however often you want. All-day support line: Call, chat, or email for help.
- This tour is a self-guided mobile app tour with a map, audio stories, and images.
- Access the tour on the Action Tour Guide app (separate from the Get Your Guide app).
- Use the unique password received after booking to download & preview your specific tours before you arrive.
- Start at the Starting Point. Follow the tour route. All audio stories play automatically based on your location.
- Flexible schedule: Use it on any day and at any time, or over multiple days. No need to rebook if your travel plans change.
- Lifetime access: Use it on your next trip here! This tour never expires.
- Walking tour: Use one tour per couple and share headphones.
- Get support by calling, chatting, or emailing - all day long.